Verses of Draconia
The Astral Guardians and the Umbral Lords
“Although they no longer walk among us, they hear our prayers and see our deeds. Reach out to them, seek their guidance! If they find you worthy, it’ll be as it once was in the days of old.”
The pantheon of this world are described and depicted as Large Elder Dragons.
• Bahamut, Lord of Dragons:
- Domains: Light, Order, Lawfulness, Good, Chivalry, Protection, Magnanimity, Sun
- Uphold the highest ideals of honor and justice.
- Protect the weak and downtrodden.
- Defend the law of just rulers who strive for peace and order.
- Oppose those who would sow chaos in the world.
• Ifrit, The Flames of Passion:
- Domains: Fire, Passion, Love, Summer, Crafting, Art, Beauty
- Let the fire in your heart guide you towards your destiny and let no one snuff it out.
- Create beautiful works of art so that the flame in others may burn bright and become inspired.
- Be true to yourself and show love to others, only then will your inner fire burn brightest!
• Thanatos, (god) of the eternal cycle:
- Domains: Life, Death, Change, Fate, Time
- Honor the cycle of life and death, for it is the natural order of mortal souls.
- Bring down punishment to any who would break away from the eternal cycle and turn to necromancy.
- Change is unavoidable, but always strive for change that brings humanity forward towards a better future.
• Eir, Lady of Dragons:
- Domains: Magic, Healing, Kindness, Charity, Birth, Moon, Nature
- Show kindness, mercy, and compassion to others, no matter how hard it may be at times.
- Give aid to the less fortunate and to any benevolent souls who wish to receive it.
- Alleviate suffering wherever you find it.
• Aeolus, (god) of Wayward Winds:
- Domains: Air, Trickery, Travel, Sky, Spring, Freedom, Selfishness
- Don’t let anyone rob you of your freedom.
- Be tied down to no one.
- Have fun and enjoy life, even if it means doing so at the expense of others.
• Ioun, The Frozen Heart:
- Domains: Water, Ice, Winter, Isolation, Intellect, Knowledge, Study
- Seek the perfection of your mind by bringing reason, perception, and emotion into balance with one another.
- Accumulate, preserve, and distribute knowledge in all forms. Pursue education, build libraries, and seek out lost and ancient lore.
- All answers of the self can be found within the self; look within and find true knowledge.
• Dhara, The Stalwart Mountain:
- Domains: Earth, Bravery, Autumn, Strength, Battle, Self-Discipline
- Be strong, but do not use your strength for wanton destruction.
- Show Bravery and scorn cowardice in any form.
- Prove your might in battle to gain glory and renown.
• Tiamat, King of Chaos:
- Domains: Darkness, Warfare, Evil, Conquest, Oppression, Slavery, Power
- Seek power and control over others, then use that power to accomplish Tiamat’s goals.
- Do not show the weak any compassion; trample them underfoot as you raise to power.
- Destroy everything the guardians and their followers have built; only then will Tiamat truly rule.
• Lyssa, of Pure Wrath:
- Domains: Destruction, Anger, Bloodshed, Pain, Revenge, Rebellion
- No slight should go unpunished; let the ones who wronged you know true suffering.
- Your rage shall guide you; be not afraid to unleash your anger.
• Phantasos, Madness Incarnate:
- Domains: Illusion, Chaos, Insanity, Nightmares
- Deceive everyone!
- Make stratus nothing more than a screaming husk of madness and fear; Let Phantasos feed…
- Reveal in Chaos; watch as everything and everyone crumbles around you.
• Erebus, Lord of the Pitch:
- Domains: Shadows, Secrets, Deceit, Assassination
- Be quiet and subtle; let none know your true intentions.
- Rely on stealth and guile in preference to outright confrontation.
- Hide in the shadows so that your deeds may be kept secret, but ever under the watchful gaze of the lord of pitch.
Vecna, The Wyrm of Violation:
Necromancy, Undead, Forbidden Knowledge, Death, Defiance
- Learn the dark arts that the Umbral Lord’s provide.
- The eternal cycle is a farce; the body’s and souls of the mortal men are yours to control as you see fit.
- Break free of your own mortal coil and become a lich in service to Erebus.