Verses of Draconia
The Twelve Saints
During the 2nd age and in the budding years of the 3rd age, the astral guardians had special mortals who were under their direct tutelage and would spread their teachings all across the world. They are the ones who authored “The Draconomicon”, the religious text used in today’s holy orders who worship the astral guardians. The Guardians also granted them the gift of an extended life and youth, so they lived to be over 700 years old.
- Saint Morgen (Sagittarius):
“The gods made us as flesh and soul. To be ignorant of the former is to condemn the latter.”
- Followed: Thanatos
- Notes: Set the old rules for funereal rites, invented autopsy and studies of the moral body, wore a bone mask to honor his god. raised the disciple who would later betray him and join the Umbral Lords as Erebus’ follower and further the use of necromancy.
- Saint Felicia (Aeries):
“They (the gods) may guide us, but our hearts are the thing that drives us, for good or ill. Listen to them and pray they do not lead you down a dark path.”
- Followed: Ifrit
- Notes: Set the rules of marriage rights and is the patron saint of love, she was a performer before becoming Ifrit’s disciple. Known to be the most beautiful of the saints. She expressed her passions openly and had many lovers, mothering countless children. Many humans and half-elves can trace their lineage back to her.
- Saint Yael (Pisces):
“The world is a vast and varying one. I feel it is my holy duty to explore every last inch and see it with my very own eyes.”
- Followed: Aeolus
- Notes: Traveled the world and recorded his findings in a journal. Some of the pages went into the Draconomicon. Most of what the church knows of the kingdoms outside the ones that surround L’leryn (especially Azora) are because of him. Was also a very accomplished bard and loved to play the harp.
- Saint Librena (Aquarius)
“Knowledge is what separates us from mere beasts. We must seek that more and use it to create the perfect world the guardians envisioned.”
- Followed: Ioun
- Saint Balmung (Leo)
“I swear to thee, oh lord of lords that I will be thy voice and thy sword in this world, while you fight for all that is just in the next.”
- Followed: Bahamut
- Notes: Was the very first Dragonseer and founded the holy nation of L’leryn. He wrote most of the Draconomicon, setting forth the holy doctrine and law that L’leryn follows to this day. He ruled the nation he founded for over half of the 3rd age before his spirit “returned to his god”.
- Saint Tarken (Taurus)
“As the Stalwart Mountain stood by Bahamut’s side as his most loyal solider, so will I stand by you and every last mortal on Stratus!”
- Followed: Dhara
- Notes: He was the greatest warrior of all of Hyndr and was the chosen warrior of Dhara. A Dwarf of immeasurable strength, able to wield a giant boulder w/ a large handle twice his height like a mace. Was Balmung’s close friend and became his personal bodyguard after founding L’leryn.
- Saint Harper (Cancer)
“A dusty old tome? HA! I shall create works of art that will tell much more than parables and anecdotes ever could and all will know of the gods’ deeds!”
- Followed: Ifrit
- Notes: A well renowned Elven artist who created the most famous works of art depicting the guardians’ deeds, both good and bad. Depictions of the saint have shown them to be very androgynous and records of them state that they never adhered to any one gender. Their work is displayed predominately in the great museum of Aeroholm, but their own personal work can be found across all of Stratus.
- Saint Leona (Virgo)
“As good as this world is, its people still suffer; be it from war or from pestilence. I will do everything in my god’s given ability to ease them of pain.”
- Followed: Eir
- Notes: Pretty much mother Teresa. Traveled the world aiding the commonfolk with healing magic and medicine during the dragon clash war of the 2nd age. Her altruism and kindness towards all living things have made her the most beloved and revered of all the recognized saints of the church. Some even pray to her like a god.
- Saint Johanna (Libra)